Faculty, Graduate Student, and Postdoc Diversity and Development Subcommittee
1. Continue to review Diversity Action Plans and provide feedback to department Chairs and Deans.
2. Assess relevant areas of the Roadmap on Diversity and provide feedback to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Climate, Culture, and Campus Experience (C3E) Subcommittee
1. Re-evaluate course evaluation diversity and inclusion question pilot data and run a second pilot in the spring semester with improved questions and larger test group.
2. Liaise with DLC and CDO Fenimore Fisher to develop practices for collecting climate data. Assess current state of climate surveys and evaluate readily available data. Initiate conversations with campus affinity groups and relevant campus offices to collect data on opportunities for diversity and inclusion work and gather input on campus climate issues.
3. Assess relevant areas of the Roadmap on Diversity and provide feedback to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Diversity Education/Inclusive Classrooms Subcommittee
1. Compile and share a list of resources for promoting an inclusive classroom environment.
2. Draft and pilot an “Inclusive Excellence and Classroom Climate” statement for syllabi.
3. Summarize findings from the HCIE 2017 inclusivity course evaluations.
4. Gather experiential data about classroom experiences from current undergrad population.
5. Lay the foundation for future inclusive classrooms by exploring a graduate/undergraduate mentorship program.